Thursday 31 August 2017

MY TAKE ON PASTELS AND NEUTRALS

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well.
If you are a regular reader, you know my love of bold prints and bright saturated hues.  Today, however, I have decided to steer away from my usual path and go in the opposite direction towards pastels and neutrals.
The reason behind the change of heart is quite simple.   This year we are going on holiday to, among other places, Southern Italy and I was reviewing my wardrobe to see if  I could blend in among the locals taking an evening stroll along the promenade in Sorrento.
Scrolling through my own Instagram feed, I’ve noticed that the majority of my outfits express quite an intense look due to my penchant for bright colours and bold prints that somehow may look a tad harsh under the soft September sun of the Amalfi Coast.
So I decided to break the pattern and discover a softer side of me and put together few looks that include soft pastels and neutrals which presented quite a challenge in itself since I knew that my wardrobe is quite limited in this department.  
Avoiding the impulse to run and buy any new clothes before the trip but determined to embrace the challenge, I decided to make do with whatever I could find in my closet and voila!

All the pieces of this outfit have been modeled on my blog before but usually paired with something of a more distinctive colour or print and not necessary all together.
The Pale Dogwood blouse, according to Pantone 2017 Colour Chart, was worn by me herethe Island Paradise block heel shoes from Max & Co - here and as I was throwing the dusty pink jumper (seen here) over my shoulders, I experienced a tinge of regret that I don't own one in pale yellow that would be perfect to make a full circle of a pastel palette.  However, since shopping while on holidays is part of the experience, I could buy it on the spot.  Meanwhile, the pink one will have to do.
As for my accessories, I chose a tan leather belt, my old off-white LV handbag and a scarf that I believe is expected to grace women's head or neck when they are in an open car driving along the  Amalfi Coast.  I settled for a scarf in a matching colour with my shoes.
I think it completed the outfit rather nicely.
As for my white denim jeans, you have seen me wearing them here, here and here just to name but a few.


When I checked myself in the mirror, I was genuinely surprised and pleased with the outcome.  Well, maybe technically not all the colours of my outfit can be described as pastels and neutrals but it was a start.
 Have you ever tried to wear something different to your usual style?

Until then,
Anna
xoxo

Linking up with Andrea from The Blended Blog, Nicole from High Latitude Style, Dawn Lucy from Fashion Should be Fun, Jacqueline from Styling in St Lois, Patty from Not Dead Yet Style and Rena from Fine Whatever Blog













No comments:

Post a Comment